u-blox has announced the new MAYA-W2 tri-radio module that brings Wi-Fi 6 technology to industrial and consumer mass-market applications in industrial automation, smart building & energy management, healthcare, smart home, and many other applications. Supporting Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth low energy (LE) 5.2, and IEEE 802.15.4 (Thread and Zigbee) on a compact form factor, this module provides SISO Wi-Fi 6 operation with up to 600 Mbit/s data throughput, improved performance in dense Wi-Fi environments, and MU-MIMO. Moreover, this is the first industrial-grade Wi-Fi module to offer advanced Wi-Fi 6 technology for a broad range IoT applications.
MAYA-W2 supports the full feature set of Bluetooth Low Energy 5.2, including the use of isochronous channels for LE Audio. The dual-mode Bluetooth module supports both Bluetooth classic and Bluetooth LE, including Bluetooth LE audio. New audio functionalities allow devices to concurrently transmit several distinct audio streams, simultaneously receive multiple audio streams, and broadcast audio streams to multiple users.
- Wi-Fi 6 dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz with up to 600 Mbit/s throughput
- Operation modes: Access-point, station, Wi-Fi direct (combinations)
- Dual-mode Bluetooth classic and Bluetooth Low Energy 5.2, including LE Audio
- 802.15.4 radio supporting Thread and Zigbee
- Variants with PCB-antenna, U.FL connectors, and antenna pins
- Secure boot and secure OTP
MAYA-W2 module is available as a professional-grade module that is qualified for operation from -40 °C to 85 °C. Available in four variants with three antenna options, including antenna pins, U.FL connectors, or a PCB antenna, the tri-radio module can easily be designed into any type of IoT device.