NXP Semiconductors has announced the launch of its i.MX 95 processor family, the latest addition to its i.MX 9 series of applications processors. The i.MX 95 processors are designed for use in a range of industries, including automotive, industrial, and networking.
Key features of the i.MX 95 processor include high-performance compute capabilities, 3D graphics powered by Arm Mali, machine learning acceleration with the integration of NXP's eIQ Neutron neural processing unit (NPU), and high-speed data processing. These features enable advanced applications in a range of fields, including automotive, industrial, and HMI.
In addition to its advanced features, the i.MX 95 processor is designed with safety and security in mind, meeting automotive ASIL-B and industrial SIL-2 functional safety standards. It also includes an integrated EdgeLock secure enclave.
The i.MX 95 processor's machine vision capabilities are enabled by the integrated eIQ Neutron NPU and NXP ISP, which support a wide range of imaging sensors. The processor's Arm Mali GPU enables a vibrant graphics experience for users.
The i.MX 95 processor's multi-core application domain includes up to six Arm Cortex-A55 cores, and it has an independent safety domain consisting of Arm Cortex-M7 and Arm Cortex-M33 CPUs for low-power, real-time processing.
Connectivity options for the i.MX 95 processor include 10-gigabit Ethernet and two 1-gigabit Ethernet ports with TSN capabilities, as well as support for wireless connectivity through PCIe ports and BSP-level drivers.
- NXP eIQ Neutron NPU and machine learning application development are supported by the award-winning eIQ machine learning software development environment
- NXP ISP is optimized for machine vision applications and supports two Regions of Interest, HDR combination of two exposures, and advanced de-noising and edge enhancement with support for color, monochrome and RGB-IR camera sensors
- NXP SafeAssure helps customers confidently develop and meet the most stringent international safety standards (ISO 26262 and IEC 61508), for platforms based on i.MX 95
- On-the-fly memory encryption enables secure data processing to help ensure privacy and security in a wide range of applications
- Dedicated cryptographic engine with support for a wide range of standards enables next-generation automotive V2X applications
- The i.MX 95 family implements NXP’s innovative Energy Flex architecture that enables fine-grained independent power management of Cortex-A applications domain and real-time Cortex-M safety domain. This allows developers to run the real-time safety domain at all times for sensor data monitoring; and power up the applications domain only when necessary to minimize system-level energy consumption
- Support for LPDDR5 and LPDDR4X DRAM delivers the high bandwidth needed to serve computing domains and high-performance graphics, while offering flexibility of memory choice to meet customer needs
- The i.MX 95 family will be available in multiple options, scaling performance and features to suit power, performance, and application requirements while addressing customer platform value targets
NXP’s i.MX application processors are available worldwide through distributors and eTailers. They are enabled with NXP software, a broad ecosystem of tools and software and comprehensive support. To help ensure a stable supply of products for embedded designs, all i.MX 8 series and i.MX 9 series products are guaranteed for a minimum of 15 years of availability as members of the NXP product longevity program.