u-blox has announced a new cellular and satellite IoT module its SARA-S520M10L that comes with accurate, low-power positioning, and ubiquitous connectivity. The module's communication and tracking capability is ideal for asset tracking, fleet management, maritime transportation, mining, utilities, and smart agriculture applications. It also serves market segments such as anti-theft systems, industrial monitoring and control, as well as applications that require communication in safety-critical scenarios.
The u-blox SARA-S520M10L is the smallest multi-mode cellular and satellite IoT module on the market. It provides connectivity through terrestrial cellular networks and geostationary (GEO) satellites. Measuring approximately 400 mm2 with LTE-M/NB-IoT, L-band satellite connectivity, and embedded navigation capability, it is pin-compatible with other u-blox cellular-only modules in the SARA form factor. The module can provide location fixes using up to four satellite constellations.
- First u-blox cellular module compliant with ORBCOMM IDP protocol
- Multimode module: Cellular and satellite connectivity with GNSS positioning
- Product longevity and best support guaranteed by u-blox LTE and GNSS chipsets
- u-blox M10 GNSS receiver delivers accurate and reliable positioning, concurrently with LTE
- Smallest multi-mode IoT module at ~400 mm2 in the SARA form factor
This is the first u-blox module designed with the 2nd generation of the u-blox UBX-R5 chip, the UBX-R52/S52. The S52 variant was developed to support satellite IoT communication alongside LTE-M/NB-IoT cellular standards.