Global technology solution provider, Avnet has launched a new cellular module, AVT9152 for low power minimal IoT applications that demand wireless connectivity and power efficiency. This compact module leverages Nordic Semiconductor NB-IoT/LTE-M SiP and SoC to support low-power, complex connectivity needs and supports a variety of applications. These applications include beacons for COVID-19 contact tracing, logistics and asset tracking, vending machines, kiosk terminals, medical devices, smart building automation, etc. The device offers a high degree of flexibility and scalability for IoT product development while shortening time-to-market.
The module supports both LTE-M and NB-IOT technology and is certified to conform with FCC, CE, RCM, and BQB. It takes advantage of the best SiP and SoC technology from Nordic Semiconductor to help engineers in minimizing the size and power usage of their devices without compromising on functionality. The nRF52840 Bluetooth 5.2/Bluetooth LE advanced multiprotocol SoC features a 64MHz, 32-bit Arm Cortex M4 processor with a floating-point unit (FPU), which alongside the nRF9160 SiP's Arm Cortex-M33 processor, ensures that the module offers ample computational power to support a range of complex and processor-intensive IoT applications.
The AVT9152 Evaluation Kit provides simplified IoT application development with an end-to-end Cloud connection platform via Avnet's enterprise-ready IoTConnect Platform. It also includes Avnet's global eUICC SIM with a 50MB/3-month trial service.
Key Features of Avnet AVT9152 Module
- nRF91 with LTE-M/NB-IoT global carrier certification
- BLE for short-range communication
- Support power safe mode, PSM and eDRX
- ARM TrustZone security isolation
- OTA support on both nRF91 and nRF52
- Rich in peripherals support – UART, SPI, I2C, NFC, USB, and GPIOs
- Flexible LTE and GPS antenna options
- AT commands modem architecture supporting UDP/TCP protocols
- Two powerful processors dedicated for application
- 3V@200mA power supply to the external
The evaluation kit is available globally and features a 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, as well as pressure, temperature, relative humidity, ambient light, and motion (PIR) sensors.