Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited has announced the release of a simple-to-use highly integrated buck module AOZ29303QI that delivers an output current of 3A with input voltage up to 30V and output voltage up to 5.5V and offers a simple, compact solution suited to a wide variety of applications such as industrial, factory automation, networking, and general-purpose point of load. This buck module can achieve up to 93% peak efficiency and comprises a controller IC, power MOSFET, rectifier diode, bootstrap capacitor, and an inductor.
This power module is configurable using a few external components. Output voltage can be set by using a resistor divider. Soft start is programmable using an external capacitor. The switching frequency can be set from 200kHz to 1MHz with an external resistor. External compensation allows the user to optimize the module for a wide range of transient response requirements and output capacitance.
- Operating Input Range: 4.5V to 30V
- Output Programmable Range: 0.8V to 5.5V
- 32V Absolute Maximum rating
- Maximum Output Current: 3A
- Protection Features: Over-Current Protection, Under-Voltage Lock-Out, Over-Voltage Protection, Output Short-Circuit Protection, and Over-Temperature Protection
- Programmable Soft-Start, Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Package: 9mm x 6mm QFN-48L
This device in a 9mm x 6mm QFN 48-lead exposed pad package with a 3.7mm height is now available in production quantities with a lead time of 12 weeks. The unit price in 1,000- unit quantities is $4.48.