IMST GmbH has introduced compact and cost-effective LoRaWAN certified WM-Bus Range Extender that collects Wireless M-Bus messages from utility meters and forwards them to a LoRaWAN network. This product extends the range of systems and enables filtering the messages by Manufacturer ID (M-field) and Sender Address (A-field) to select specific groups of measuring instruments.
The bridge enables a flexible configuration of calendar events for WM-Bus reception intervals and status messages as well as device filtering by Manufacturer ID and Device ID (whitelist). The configuration can be managed Over-The-Air via LoRa messages or wired serial interface. Besides, the Wireless M-Bus functionality, the firmware supports a LoRaWAN compliant protocol stack as well as a proprietary LoRa stack for wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint communication.
The integrated memory and the ultra-low-power mode provided by the new iM881A-XL radio module ensure a long battery life of up to 10 years and more. Besides forwarding WM-Bus messages of a configurable group of sensor/meter devices, WM-Bus Range Extender is used in many wireless sensor and smart meter applications.
- Frequency range: SRD Band 863 to 870 MHz
- Modulation: LoRa Spread-Spectrum / FSK / Wireless M-Bus standard (EN 13757-4)
- WM-Bus Modes: WM-Bus S and combined C/T Mode supported
- Maximum Output Power: +14 dBm
- Data Memory: 8 MBit
- Flash Dimensions - 145 x 92 x 55 mm
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +55 °C Antenna
- Integrated antenna or external antenna (on request) Housing: IP65 Housing for wall mounting
Key Features of WM-Bus Range Extender
- WM-Bus S and combined C/T Mode supported
- WM-Bus telegram format: A and B
- LoRaWAN Activation: ABP and OTA
- EU868 LoRaWAN Compliant (v.1.0.2)
- Flexible configuration of calendar events and device whitelist
- Confirmed Upload of WM-Bus messages
- Ultra-low-power for long battery life