IW62X from NXP Semiconductors is a set of 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Dual-Band + Bluetooth/BLE solutions for advanced gaming, audio, industrial, and IoT markets. The new devices offer increased speed, 4x increased capacity, and 2x increased bandwidth than the solutions already available in the similar range. This allows a high number of users and devices to connect to a network or gateway.
The IW62X comes with 2.4 and 5 GHz dual-band Power Amplifiers (PAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) antenna switches along with a power management unit that reduces the BOM and device board area. The Bluetooth/BLE supports various Bluetooth/BLE standards (BLE LR/2Mbps, BLE AoA/AoD, BLE Mesh), independent connections, and operational modes with multiple external devices.
The wireless solution offers real-time interactions for cloud-based gaming devices, clients, and services. All thanks to the high-bandwidth and low-latency connectivity (for full 4k / 60 fps gameplay) features that it comes endowed with. The devices offer high performance in the advanced gaming controllers with near-zero wireless controller lag time and low latency multiplayer gaming experiences through wireless networks.
Key Features of IW62X
- High performance
- Low latency / high efficiency
- Multiplayer support (MU-MIMO)
- Multimode energy-efficient support (TWT, Micro AP, TX Power Control, Wi-Fi Direct, BT5.1)
- Integrated PMIC
- 2.4 and 5 GHz dual-band Power Amplifiers (PAs)
- Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) antenna switches
- 4x increased capacity
- 2x increased bandwidth
- Low power consumption in deep sleep CI performance improved by 10-15 dB
- Improved wideband noise & MU-MIMO performance
- Advanced active channel scanning
- Individual power down for WLAN, BT, Bluetooth Low Energy
Apt to be used in IoT hubs, wireless speakers, video-enabled smart devices, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) devices, and IoT applications, these solutions are ready for sampling and will soon be available from select module partners.