Microchip Technology has introduced low-latency PCI Express (PCIe) 5.0 and Compute Express Link (CXLTM) 1.1/2.0 retimers that can triple the reach of PCIe Gen 5 electrical signal reach without compromising performance or security for demanding PCI Express (PCIe) and Compute Express Link (CXL) applications.
Supporting x1/x2/x4/x8/x16 bifurcation, comprehensive diagnostics features, multiple configuration options, simple management interface, and low power, these remitters reduce the total cost of ownership during design, bring-up, validation, and production.
With the ultra-low-latency, the XpressConnect retimers can deliver demanding computational workloads in AI, ML, communication systems, and high-performance computing applications. Compared to the PCIe specification, these new retimers can deliver >80% lower latency with a pin-to-pin latency of <10 nanoseconds.
XpressConnect retimers are available in multiple lane count variants of up to 16 lanes of PCIe Gen 5 to connect to a wide range of PCIe and CXL devices. This device can be used in various applications such as motherboard, backplane, cable, and riser card use cases.
Features of XpressConnect PCIe Retimers
- Intel PCIe 5.0 Retimer Supplemental Features and Standard BGA Footprint Specification
- PCIe Express 3.0/4.0/5.0
- Compute Express Link 1.1/2.0
- >80% lower latency than PCIe specification
- Bifurcation/link subdivision (x1/x2/x4/x8/x16)
- Automatic detection of pseudo port orientation
- Lane reversal and lane polarity inversion
- Passive copper and active optical cable support
- Receiver detection bypass
XpressConnect retimers are sampling now to qualified customers. You can check more details on the availability of these remitters on the company website.