Qorvo has announced the latest product in its growing portfolio of cellular IoT (C-IoT) transmit modules. Qorvo’s new multi-band multi-mode RF front end (RFFE) module is optimized for NB-IoT1/2 and LTE Cat-M1/2 3GPP standards. Its compact 3 mm x 3 mm size, low 2.5V operation and multi-band support make it ideal for low-voltage applications such as smart meters, asset tracking and monitoring, wearables and smart infrastructure. The new QM55011 modules delivers expanded NB-IoT and LTE-M operation down to 2.5V, enabling a broader range of battery options and eliminating the size and cost associated with boost converters. Its low power consumption extends battery life for applications where chargers and main power are unavailable.
This device is capable of lower voltage operation under certain NB-IoT/LTE-M uses cases. It is also capable of supporting other air standards such as non-terrestrial network (NTN) and Wireless Smart Utility Network (Wi-SUN). The QM55011 supports low-band (663 to 915 MHz) and mid-band (1695 to 2010 MHz) operations including the addition of B65 over previous product offerings. It includes integrated TX harmonic rejection filters and an antenna switch with auxiliary TX/RX paths which can support 2G power handling and a broad frequency range for bolt-on power amplifiers (PAs). Its band-select and bias are programmed through a mobile industry processor interface (MIPI).
- Universal Multi-Band FEM for C-IoT
- 3GPP: 4G LTE (REL 16), LTE-M (CAT-M1/M2), NB-IoT (CAT-NB1/NB2), HD-FDD, 1RB-24RB
- Low Band: 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27, 28, 71, 85
- Mid Band: 1, 2, 3, 4, 25, 39, 65, 66, 70
- Universal Multi-Band PA with Adaptive Biasing Scheme for Maximum PA Efficiency (LUT)
- Integrated TX Filtering for Coexistence, Harmonic Rejection, and SEM
- SP6T Antenna TX/RX Switch (2-Tx; 4-TRx)
- MIPI RFFE Control Interface, v2.0 Compliant