The new low-power MEMS TCXO oscillator, SiT5008 from SiTime Corporation is ideal for connected consumer and IoT devices such as Internet-connected audio-video, over-the-top streaming devices, industrial smart meters, and other devices that use low power wireless connectivity. Housed in a 2.5 x 2.0 mm small package that is pin-compatible with quartz devices, this new device enables 100% drop-in replacement without redesign or layout changes.
The LVCMOS SiT5008 MEMS Oscillator improves frequency stability by 10 times by optimizing the algorithms, providing a frequency stability range of +/-2 ppm to +/-10 ppm. It offers frequencies between 10 MHz and 60 MHz accurate to six decimals, supply voltages of 1.8 V, 2.8 V, and 3.3 V, and low-power consumption of 3.5 mA typical at 1.8 V. This silicon MEMS-based TCXO provides higher reliability and great vibration and shock environmental resilience.
Key Features of SiT5008 TCXO
- Frequency from 10 MHz to 60 MHz
- Three supply voltage options: 1.8V, 2.8V, and 3.3V
- Frequency stability options: ±2 ppm or ±10 ppm
- FlexEdge programmable drive strength optimizes the clock rise/fall time for specific applications
- Industry-best vibration and shock resilience
- Low Power: 3.5 mA typical at 1.8V and standby mode option for longer battery life
- Small industry-standard package
- 100% drop-in replacement for quartz TCXOs
- RoHS and REACH compliant, Pb-free, Halogen-free, and Antimony-free
The compact SiT5008 low power ±2 ppm MEMS TCXO is available in production now.