Fibocom has introduced the all-new Wi-Fi 6 wireless module to deliver enhanced wireless throughput, latency, connection density, coverage, and availability for all IoT scenarios by converging with the Fibocom 5G module FG150. Named W600, the module is based on the Qualcomm QCA6391 platform and complies with IEEE standard 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac/ax. Besides, it integrates with WLAN/BT processor and supports data communication between the Fibocom FG150 5G module through the PCIe interface.
The new Wi-Fi 6 module also known as 802.11.ax builds on the technology legacies of earlier Wi-Fi generations, yet it is compatible with older wireless devices at 2.4 GHz. Moreover, it provides increased capacity and enhanced data rates within the 5-GHz channels of newer Wi-Fi generations.
Key Features of Wi-Fi 6 (W600)
- High Speed: The module transmits beamforming, thereby supporting higher data rates within a given range. This helps in providing greater network capacity and the highest theoretical rate reaches 9.6Gbps.
- Low latency: It supports OFDMA technology that can share channels for both uplink and downlink effectively and improve network efficiency and reduce latency.
- High Capacity: Wi-Fi 6 supports MU-MIM. This allows more downlink data to be transmitted at a time enabling the access point to transmit data to more devices at the same time.
- Low Power Consumption: The module supports TWT (Target Wake Time), which significantly extends the battery life of Wi-Fi devices like IoT terminal devices.
- Indoor/Outdoor CPE: There is an Outdoor CPE embedded with Wi-Fi 6 +5G modules that can improve network signals and achieve good coverage indoor. Indoor CPE embedded with Wi-Fi 6 module, can meet access of more terminals, and guarantee each terminal’s high-speed and low-latency experience.
- OTT Box: OTT box that is embedded with Wi-Fi 6 and 5G converged solution can improve wireless performance extensively to meet the requirements of 4K/8K streaming video in the 5G era.
- 5G DTU: Wi-Fi 6 comes with DTU and is a 5G converged solution that can meet the real-time data transmission requirements in the smart factory scenarios like 5G AGV/IGV, 4K/8K video surveillance, flexible production, and predictive maintenance.
The module is still in the engineering sample stage but will be ready for mass production by September.