Semtech Corporation has introduced the LoRa Corecell Reference Design for full-duplex gateway applications in the U.S. 902 - 928MHz ISM band. The new gateway solution allows users to expand the network capacity for outdoor and indoor applications such as smart metering, smart building, and smart factory. With the new reference design network owners can increase network capacity while deploying fewer gateways, providing cost savings to end customers.
The full-duplex LoRa Corecell Reference Design improves LoRaWAN protocol message response time for applications requiring fast acknowledgment from the gateway. This enables Firmware Update Over-The-Air (FUOTA) while processing uplink traffic and reduces the time and cost of operational management of end devices. With simultaneous data transmission and reception, the device can lengthen the downlink window to enable the gateway to send more data to end devices and remove the latency experienced with half-duplex gateways.
Features of LoRa Corecell Reference Design
- Full-duplex mode
- 10x power reduction compared to legacy products
- Transmit power (US915) up to +27dBm
- Receive sensitivity (US915) down to: 140.8dBm at SF12, 125kHz BW; 124.2dBm at SF7, 125kHz BW; 118.9dBm at SF5, 125kHz BW
- 8 frequency channels
- 16 125kHz BW LoRa demodulators
- One high speed 125/250/500kHz multi-bandwidth LoRa demodulator
- (G)FSK demodulator
Note: More technical information can be found on the product page of LoRa Corecell Reference Design.