Maxim Integrated Products has introduced three new Essential Analog ICs, the MAX17227A 2A nanoPower boost converter, the MAX17291 high voltage, 1A boost converter, and the MAX38911 500mA LDO for delivering low quiescent current, improved efficiency, and increased battery life. These new essential analog ICs bind both industry-leading lowest quiescent current and smallest solution size into one solution.
Targeting the battery-operated IoT systems, the MAX17227A nanoPower boost converter delivers the highest output power and the lowest quiescent current. With the ability to handle up to 2A switching current and consuming half the quiescent current at just 350nA, the MAX17227A features short-circuit protection, true shutdown, and an input voltage range from 400mV to 5.5V, and it can extend battery system life up to 10 percent.
The MAX17291 high voltage boost converter can deliver a high voltage boost up to 20V and a quiescent current that is 80% lower and a solution size that is 60% smaller than the closest competitive offerings. This boost converter fits battery-operated systems with higher output voltage loads such as displays or sensors.
In a 50% smaller space than the completion solution, the MAX38911 500mA LDO draws only 19µA during idle mode to extend battery life up to 10 % in battery-operated IoT systems. The excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) of the device helps in preventing noisy power supplies from interfering with critical functions such as precise measurements and communications.
The MAX17227A, MAX17291, and MAX38911 are available at Maxim Integrated’s website for $0.86, $0.74, and $0.67 respectively.
Features of the MAX17227A
- 350nA Quiescent Supply Current from Output
- 96% Peak Efficiency, 90% or Higher at 500μA
- Typical 850mA Output Current at 5.0V (VIN = 3.0V)
- 400mV to 5.5V Input Range, Up to 5.35V in Regulation
- 880mV Minimum Startup Voltage
- 2A Peak Inductor Current Limit
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
Features of MAX17291
- 28μA Quiescent Supply Current from Input
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- 91% Peak Efficiency
- 1.8V to 5.5V Input Range
- 5.5V to 20V Output Voltage Range
- 1A Peak Inductor Current Limit
- 40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
Note: More technical information can be found in the MAX17227A and MAX17291 Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page.