The Semtech Corporation and DTDS Technology joined together to introduce the DTDS’s 622 Module that operates on LoRaWAN protocol and integrates Renesas RL78/G13 MCU to offer enhanced network coverage and strength in the automotive and industrial Internet of Things (IoT) applications. With its long-range connectivity and low operating power, the device simplifies the development process for IoT products without compromising performance.
DTDS's 622 Module is LoRaWAN compliant with both Class A and Class C of the protocol specification and showcases a leading low power consumption (66μA/MHz) and performance at 43.2 DMIPS (32MHz). The module is suitable for smart utility, smart home, smart agriculture, smart lighting, and smart transportation applications.
The DTDS’s 622 module can be deployed in harsh radio environments and provide several key IoT advantages, including remote firmware updates and the flexibility to join different LoRaWAN networks based on deployment needs. This module can also be used in long-range sensor-based interfaces with an external host MCU over AT commands and supports the 868MHz, 915MHz, and 923MHz operation bands.
Features of DTDS’s 622 Module
- Best performance in operating voltage (VCC) range: 1.8 to 3.7V
- Best performance in receiver sensitivity performance: -137dBm @ SF12 BW=125KHz
- Lowest in transmission current: 122mA @ 22dBm
- Low power consumption to enhance battery life (>10 years)
- UFL connector for design flexibility
- Evaluation board with industry-standard pMOD interface and two antenna connector interfaces (SMA, UFL) for development purposes