Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the new RH1NS200 that is an LTE NB-IoT modem chipset designed to operate seamlessly on the networks of all major Indian telecommunications carriers. It is an ideal solution to serve the Indian smart metering market, which some estimates put at roughly 250 million units over the next five years. This new chipset also can be used in asset tracking, lighting, security and numerous other applications.
The RH1NS200 chipset offers extremely low power consumption of only 1uA in deep sleep mode, significantly extending battery life. It also provides an integrated EAL5+ (Evaluation Assurance Level) Secure Element (SE) that provides zero compromise on security to ensure the safety of end applications, particularly power and water metering systems.
Key Features of the RH1NS200 LTE NB-IoT Chipset
- Targets bands 1,3, 5 and 8 for India
- Low PSM (Power Saving Mode) of 1µA in deep sleep with longer eDRX cycles
- Support for transmit power (Tx) of up to 23dBm for all bands reduces transmission retries
- Field proven and Carrier approved LTE protocol stack and software suite
- Wide operating supply voltage range of 2.2V to 5.5V
Moreover, Renesas is offering the RH1NB200-EVK, a full development kit with integrated multi-band antenna and access to all module I/O ports. In addition, a software development kit (SDK) is available that can control the LTE modem, platform I/Os, and customize AT commands.