STMicroelectronics has released a new software that simplifies connecting IoT devices built using the latest high-performing STM32H5 microcontrollers (MCUs) to Microsoft Azure IoT Hub. ST’s new STM32Cube expansion package, named X-CUBE-AZURE-H5, consists of a set of libraries and application examples for high-performance microcontrollers of the STM32H5 series, acting as end devices.
The sample application shows secure device-to-cloud connectivity with Azure IoT Hub, including network configuration and data publishing. The application handles Azure messages, methods, and twin update commands. This solution also leverages ST’s embedded security software, Secure Manager, to connect securely the STM32H5 to Microsoft Azure cloud.
This also works well with use cases that involve AI inference, where models are running on edge devices with the benefit of protection by ST’s Secure Manager while training and secure updating are handled via the cloud. The STM32Trust TEE Secure Manager simplifies the implementation of strong security.
- Ready-to-run firmware example using Ethernet and Wi‑Fi® connectivity to support quick evaluation and development of Microsoft® Azure® cloud-connected applications based on STM32H5 series microcontrollers
- Azure® RTOS port to the STM32H573I-DK Discovery kit
- Azure® RTOS NetX Duo network stack support for Ethernet and Wi‑Fi® on STM32H573I-DK
- TLS encryption
- Azure® IoT Central
- Azure® Device Provisioning Service (DPS)
- Azure® Device Update support
- Azure® plug and play
- Azure® X.509 certificate attestation
- STM32Trust TEE secure manager access kit (SMAK) for the STM32H573xx microcontrollers (X-CUBE-SEC-M-H5 variant of STM32TRUSTEE-SM)
- Arm® TrustZone®
- Wi‑Fi® and Azure® connection credentials stored in the secure manager protected storage
- Prebuilt binaries for quick connect