Maxim Integrated Products has released MAX32520 ChipDNATM secure Arm Cortex-M4 microcontroller (MCU) with built-in physically unclonable function (PUF) technology for financial- and government-grade security. The microcontroller allows for multiple layers of protection to provide the most advanced key-protection technology in a cost-effective format for use in IoT, healthcare, industrial, and computing systems.
MAX32520 with ChipDNA is built around the most advanced key security technology and targets IoT applications thereby ensuring to protect your data and IP and has the technology to future-proof designs against tomorrow's system threats. It uses a tamper-proof PUF key for flash encryption, secure boot for root-of-trust, and serial flash emulation. The physical security inherent in the PUF key eliminates the need for a battery to actively destroy secret-key materials when under attack.
Features of MAX32520
- Secret keys generated by the ChipDNA PUF circuitry are highly resistant to physical attacks thereby ensuring the keys that protect data and systems are out of the reach of attackers.
- Flash-encryption using PUF protects sensitive information with encryption keys that withstand even the advanced physical inspection and prying. Additionally, it provides the most robust form of IP security.
- The DeepCover secure microcontroller can protect all user data as it is equipped with SP 800-90A and SP 800-90B compliant TRNG and hardware accelerators for AES-256, ECDSA P-521, and SHA-512.
- It delivers up to 2MB of secure flash memory, enabling advanced applications to run in a highly secure environment.
- Built on an advanced process node, this secure microcontroller provides advanced security features a 120 MHz ARM Cortex M4 processor and plenty of memory. It eliminates several components like a battery, a tamper monitor IC and system management micros that are often found in security-sensitive applications.
The MAX32520 is available at Maxim’s website for $3.44 (1000-up, FOB USA) and is also available from authorized distributors. The evaluation kit (MAX32520-KIT) is available for $100.