Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the new HS4XXX family of relative humidity and temperature sensors along with the new ZSSC3281 sensor signal conditioning (SSC) IC designed for highly accurate amplification, digitization, and sensor-specific correction of sensor signals. The sensor design process is supported by Renesas’ unique system design platform that significantly eases the prototyping of IoT systems.
The new ZSSC3281 SSC is suitable for bridge and half-bridge sensors, as well as external voltage-source element and single-element sensors powered by an on-chip current source. It includes a two-channel analog front end as well as an integrated ARM-based MCU with embedded mathematics for sensor signal processing and targets high-end applications including industrial, medical and consumer sensing.
The new HS4XXX family of relative humidity and temperature sensors provides high accuracy, fast measurement response time, and ultra-low power consumption in a small package size, making them ideal for a wide number of applications ranging from portable devices to products designed for harsh environments.
Key Features of ZSSC3281 Sensor Signal Conditioning IC
- Highest performance with flexible analog front-end configurations
- Dual-speed mode for highest accuracy combined with fastest update rate
- 2 ADC’s running in parallel with up to 24-bit resolution
- Enables broad use for different sensor elements with multiple characteristics
- Measurement scheduler for optimized performance
- Advanced interrupt and diagnostic functions
- Digital interfaces including I²C, SPI, and One Wire Interface (OWI)
- 4-20mA current loop output, OWI communication via current loop